As a heating and cooling company, we understand the importance of having clean and healthy air inside your home or office. The air inside our homes can be more polluted than the outside, and improving the air quality is essential. One simple and effective way to improve the air quality in your Duncanville home is by adding houseplants.
How can houseplants improve air quality?
Houseplants can help improve indoor air quality by removing pollutants and adding oxygen. The process through which they clean the air is called Phytoremediation. They absorb pollutants through their leaves and roots and convert them into plant tissue, which pollutants can safely removed from the environment.
Houseplants add a touch of nature and beauty to any room and can help increase humidity. Through the process called Photosynthesis, plants add oxygen to the air. They take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen back into the air, which can help improve the overall air quality in your home.
Which pollutants can houseplants remove from indoor air?
Houseplants can also remove harmful pollutants from the air, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Some pollutants that plants are particularly good at drawing from the air include benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, xylene, and carbon monoxide.
These compounds can be found in various household products, including cleaning supplies, paints, building materials, and tobacco and cigarette smoke. These compounds can contribute to poor indoor air quality.
Which houseplants improve indoor air quality?
Several types of houseplants are effective at improving indoor air quality, including:
- Spider plants: These plants are easy to care for and effectively remove formaldehyde and carbon monoxide from the air.
- Peace lilies: These plants are known for removing various pollutants, including benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene, from the air.
- Bamboo palms: These tropical plants are effective at removing formaldehyde from the air and are also good at increasing humidity.
- Ficus trees: These plants effectively remove formaldehyde and xylene from the air.
- English ivy: This plant effectively removes formaldehyde and benzene from the air. It can also help reduce mold in the home.
- Snake plants: These plants are easy to care for and effectively remove various pollutants.
- Aloe vera: Not only a natural remedy for burns and cuts, aloe vera plants also effectively remove formaldehyde from the air.
It’s important to note that houseplants can effectively improve indoor air quality with their air-purifying properties, but they are not a substitute for proper HVAC maintenance and air filtration. Regular HVAC maintenance and high-quality air filters are crucial for maintaining clean and healthy air inside your home or office.
In conclusion, adding houseplants to your indoor space is a simple and effective way to improve air quality and create a healthier environment. However, it’s essential to also prioritize proper HVAC maintenance and air filtration for the best results. It’s important to remember that the specific plants that will work best for your home will depend on factors such as the size of the space and the amount of natural light available. Consult with a local nursery or gardening expert to determine the best plants for your needs.
Keep the Indoor Air of your Duncanville Home Safe & Comfortable
At Freedom Heating & Air, we offer various services, including a maintenance plan that replaces AC Filters and more to keep the air in your Duncanville home clean! Contact Freedom Heating & Air today and breathe easy knowing the air inside your home is clean and safe.